Not signed in (Sign In)        

This forum is strictly limited to Lightning Minds Trainees. The trainees can post their questions and get clarified from trainers of LightningMinds. If you find any issues using this forum, Please report to forumissues@lightningminds.com. Thanks, Administrator.

Feedback Form

Quick Search

Upcoming Training Sessions

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorrevanth
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2009

I tried to validate employee name and job form emp table so that the user can select ename and job column values form emp table. The result

should be ename with job 'job'.

my code is

create or replace procedure rc_proc13(errbuf out varchar2, retcode out number, v_ename varchar2, v_job varchar2)
    as
    begin
    fnd_file.put_line(fnd_file.output, v_ename ||'with empno' || v_jov);
    end;
    IT ran normaly, l but the result i got is ename with job as ename, i mean clark with job as clark but i should get ename with job as job(clark with job as manager.

And what do you give the valueset format when you use empno in case of job in the above code, i am getting a error, numeric or value error,

character to number conversion error ORA-06512: at line 1.

• CommentAuthormgarg

What this error means is your variable is number type but you are putting char value in it.. check ur varibles and value set make sure they are of same type.

• CommentAuthormgarg

Also ur in parameter in v_job

but in ur script it says v_jov

and its job, but ur messages says empno : I think this is the reason u r putting empno vlaue in v_job